Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Coconut Mango Yoghurt Popsicles

I don't know about everybody else, but as soon as summer hits, I start trying to think up new and different ways to beat the heat. One of my (and my family's) favourite ways to cool down is to indulge in a frozen treat, and popsicles are pretty much THE best way to do so!
I was checking out one of my absolute favourite food blogs (okay, my favourite), Skinnytaste, and found a recipe for some truly delish looking mango and coconut pops. Me, being, well.... me, I had to tweak the recipe just a tad to make it my own. This was the result. Yum. Really, really, incredibly fabulous YUM.


Coconut Mango Yoghurt Popsicles

Makes:
8

Ingredients:

1 large mango, peeled and cut up
3/4 cup greek yoghurt, divided
1 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp coconut extract

Directions:

Puree mango in a blender or food processor with 2 tbsp of the coconut milk, 3 tsbp of the greek yoghurt, and the sugar til smooth. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth. Grab your popsicle molds and divide the mango mixture evenly among them. Pour your coconut mixture over that, pop the lids on the molds (or stick popsicle sticks in them, whatever works best for you) and freeze until solid.


Adapted from Skinnytaste's Simply Obsessed Frozen Coconut Mango Pops

Nutritional Info:

 8 Servings

Amount Per Serving
  Calories     103.2
  Total Fat     3.1 g
          Saturated Fat     3.0 g
          Polyunsaturated Fat     0.0 g
          Monounsaturated Fat     0.0 g
  Cholesterol     0.0 mg
  Sodium     15.9 mg
  Potassium     87.8 mg
  Total Carbohydrate     17.5 g
          Dietary Fiber     0.7 g
          Sugars     16.7 g
  Protein     2.6 g

0 comments:

Post a Comment